The second free Rails startup skeleton written by DevInterface and releases under Rails MIT license is Rails Authlogic + Subdomain_fu Template.
This template works as a skeleton for any new Rails application (using Rails 2.3) that aims to provide authentication with subdomain support.
To install and run this template perform following actions:
git clone git://github.com/devinterface/authlogic_subdomain_fu_startup_app.git
This template sets up a working application with support for authentication and subdomain.
- Guest access a public section of the site (http://localhost:3000)
- Guest chooses to register new account (http://localhost:3000/account/new), including itself as user, and becomes account’s owner
- Accounts owner goes to his account (subdomain) url (http://useraccount.localhost:3000/login) and logs into his account
- Accounts owner can add more users to it’s account (http://useraccount.localhost:3000/users/new)
- Each created user can log into the account they belong
Here’s a list of what this template sets up:
- Blueprint as css framework
Some other useful gems/plugins such as: