Python is the programming language that, along with Ruby, we use the most to develop our applications. Unlike Ruby, which is very flexible and elegant, Python is a more robust and efficient language, suitable for firm projects over the time.
Python was conceived in 1991 by Guido Van Rossum and has become one of the major languages used in academia. The framework we use to support the developer in creating projects and to facilitate the process of writing code is Django, created by Adrian Holovaty and Simon Willison in 2003.
Here's a few points to understand what are the advantages of Python and Django and why we have chosen them as a major development tools.
- Python is an open-source language that is both simple and powerful, with a readable and organized syntax.
- It requires to solve a given problem in only one way.
- The search for bugs is easy and fast.
- It follows the philosophy of the Test Driven Development and Agile development.
- Applications developed in Python enjoy strong stability.
- Python has a very active community, especially in academic circles and among users of Linux.
- The apps developed in Python are many: among others point out Pinterest, Instagram and Mozilla Firefox.