In an ever-changing business environment, the need for IT service professionals is also growing. However, one aspect of today's job market is the shortage of experienced software developers.
This is where outsourcing comes in, i.e. the transfer by companies of responsibilities, in this case in the IT field to third parties. There are, however, several models of collaboration with a software developer to choose from. Today we discuss team augmentation (or staff augmentation). If you want to learn more about the types of outsourcing, we recommend reading our article 'Outsourcing vs offshoring'.
Team augmentation: what it is
If you need to fill gaps in your IT workforce, team augmentation enables you to do so. Why? Companies turn to team augmentation when they have more work to do than the internal staff available to complete it.
Instead of tackling the laborious local recruitment market and hiring more internal staff, companies turn to IT consultancy companies such as Devscaling, which can provide them with staff. The consultancy company proposes candidates according to the client's needs and hires them or takes them from existing staff. This process makes it possible to hire:
- Web designers
- Web/mobile application developers
- Frontend/Back-end developers
- Full stack developers
- Software Engineers
In this outsourcing model, companies can therefore expand their software development team by selecting external IT experts from a staff augmentation service provider and then working for the client company. While the actual employment takes place with a service provider who selects suitable candidates to work 100 per cent on the client's projects, he or she becomes fully responsible for them.
The advantage of this approach is that it greatly reduces the client's expenses while also allowing the area of competence to be expanded easily through remote teams.
What team augmentation is useful for
Team augmentation can be useful in many cases, particularly if:You need to supplement your team with specialists from a different sector. In some projects, expert knowledge is needed for a limited period of time. In this case, team augmentation services in the IT field can provide personnel in a flexible manner, leading to excellent integration and high productivity.
- You need to supplement your team with specialists from a different sector. In some projects, expert knowledge is needed for a limited period of time. In this case, team augmentation services in the IT field can provide personnel in a flexible manner, leading to excellent integration and high productivity.
- You operate in a business area other than IT, but you still need an application or another software product. Increasing staff in the IT area proves to have great potential. In this case, you can put together an entire team to implement the project. The advantage of this model is that you can communicate directly with your team, ensuring that all employees identify with the company philosophy and implement the specifications.
- Increasing your staff in software development can fill a skills gap that cannot be found in the local labour market. By utilising a much larger talent pool, it is possible to hire exactly those developers who will lead a project to success.
- Your company is expanding with numerous projects, even abroad, that require the full-time attention of a dedicated remote IT team. This allows you to benefit from a flexible team with a technology stack adapted to the requirements of the project.
What can you expect from staff augmentation?
High-quality professionals, scalability, customisation and reduced costs for managing your business projects.
Do you need to increase your IT staff? Contact us and tell us about your project and needs, we will be happy to offer you the best service.