Ruby is the programming language that, along with Python and Node.js, we use the most to develop our applications. Being a very flexible language, it allows you to find different solutions to a given problem, helping to figure out what is the most powerful solution.
Ruby was conceived in 1993 by Yukihiro Matsumoto and is distinguishable from other languages thanks to its great elegance. The framework we use to support the developer in creating projects and to facilitate the process of writing code is Ruby on Rails, created by David Heinemeier Hansson in 2005.
Here's a few points to understand what are the advantages of Ruby and Ruby On Rails and why we have chosen them as a major development tools.
- Ruby is an open-source programming language suitable for projects that need to stay current with respect to the latest technologies.
- The method MVC (Model-View-Controller) is able to deconstruct the data, the logic, the aesthetic appearance and the way in which the application interacts with the user, in order to separate them in well-defined areas that communicate between their. All these elements are unified only upon completion of application.
- The modules for integration with third-party systems are constantly updated, so you will always be available in very fast times.
- Being a very readable code and for the most part self-documenting, the developer may take over a project already started in a short time.
- Is based on Convention over Configuration approach: by following a few simple conventions, you can minimize the configuration file for the product, accelerate development times and reduce the costs.
- Ruby has a very active community in the world: this involves having access to a huge library of open-source code of the highest quality.
- The app developed in Ruby are many, we point out here some of the most famous: Twitter, Basecamp, Github, Shopify, Groupon, Airbnb.